Friday, January 16, 2009

TGIF!

Well, it's been a busy week. My freelance assignment is nearly complete. I think I should be able to submit everything by sometime next week (yay!). My day job has also been busy - I feel like I have much to learn, but I think I'm making progress.

Since I didn't blog yesterday, I first want to say Thank you, President Bush, for keeping America safe since 9-11, and for nominating John Roberts and Samuel Alito for the Supreme Court. I admire President Bush for putting principles before popularity, and I pray he will soon enter the Catholic Church, just like his brother did.

Secondly, Welcome to Toronto, Father John Harvey! My favourite priest on the planet is in town until Tuesday. He has a busy itinerary, speaking to various groups of people, including youth and seminarians. But we (my Mom and Nana and myself) are spoiled - we have him all to ourselves on Saturday evening and Sunday! We will, however, share him with a fun Catholic writer on Sunday evening. :)

Finally, I started a course on Thursday evening, to help me manage my fear of speaking before others. It's called the Christopher Leadership Course, and it looks like it's going to be quite enjoyable - the first session was very encouraging. Will write more about it, as the course progresses!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Belloc
glad to hear your update. you sound happily busy. enjoy the visit with that great priest friend.i felt the same about President Bush,He fought the good fight. i too pray he will become a catholic also
hope you have a great weekend.
yvonne