Friday, December 19, 2008

Checking In

Today was my last day of work before breaking for the holidays. I feel quite fortunate to have just started a full-time job on December 1st and already be getting two weeks of paid vacation - Thank you, Jesus! The University also closed early today because of a snow storm that came our way.

There are several things on my "To Do" list: Christmas shopping, get a haircut, go to the bank, work on my freelance assignment, help tidy up the apartment (several sub-categories there), get the faucet repaired (unless I can figure out how to do it myself)...

I also want to spend time with my family, visit some friends, and try to maintain my prayer life. Lately, I've been experiencing more peace and joy. This is something I've been praying for, and I'm so grateful this prayer is being answered. I have so much to be thankful for.

I still find myself thinking often about eternity and what it's like to be beyond the reach of sin and temptation. When a very significant loved one dies, it brings home the reality that this life is not forever. I often wonder about my father; I wonder what he's experiencing and doing in the Great Beyond. I say things like "Dad, I hope you're having an awesome time! I hope it's amazing!" I pray that his soul is experiencing ever-increasing amounts of peace and joy. I talk (in my mind) to other friends who have passed on and I say things like "Peter, please say hi to my Dad."

I'd like to find some good books that talk about the concepts of time and eternity, and the relationship between the two.

No comments: