Friday, December 5, 2008

Answered Prayer

On Tuesday morning I was faced with a challenge that needed to be resolved quickly, and I feared I didn't have a solution. By Wednesday evening, I felt anxious and tired. My spirits were low. I could think of only one person that might be able to provide me with some concrete direction, and I'd already sent her an e-mail on Tuesday but hadn't heard back from her.

I'd been thumbing through all of this month's meditations and scripture readings in my Magnificat. I sensed that God was encouraging me to trust Him; that I should put Him first, do my best, and not worry so much about human opinion or even results. I tried to do this. I prayed, and I asked others to pray too. Although I still felt very low when my head hit the pillow on Wednesday night (around 12:40 a.m.), I made an act of the will to trust Him.

On Thursday morning, I got ready for work and before heading out the door, I decided to check my e-mail. My friend had responded and in her e-mail, she sent me all the information I needed to resolve my problem! I was very relieved and very grateful. A huge weight had been lifted. According to the time-stamp on her mail, she'd written back to me around 1:00 a.m.!

During my subway commute to work, I noticed that the Psalm for Thursday included this verse: "I will give thanks to You for You have answered me and have been my Saviour." (Psalm 118, v. 21) I happily meditated on that verse the rest of the way in...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what I'm talking about!

We'll have to ask the Lord to give you a crisis more often so that you'll ask for help more often so that he can show you that he is helping you! : )

Anonymous said...

Two thumbs way up!