Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I Was Invited...

...by Seraphic to participate in her "Yves St. Laurent" Meme (also known, in this instance, as "Everything You've Always Wanted to Know About 'Belloc' But Were Afraid to Ask), and I've thought long and hard about my answers to the following 18 questions:

What is your chief characteristic?

At first, I was going to say “Insecurity”, but then it occurred to me that perhaps I was meant to write a positive characteristic. People sometimes tell me I’m compassionate.

What is your principal fault?

hyper-sensitivity

What is your favourite quality in a man?

gentleness; kindness

And in a woman?

inner strength

Who is your favourite historical figure?

Too many to mention, but I’m partial to Francis De Sales and Charles Schulz! :)

Who are your living heroes?

My Mom, my Grandma, and Fr. John Harvey, OSFS

Who would you like to be, if you could?

Don’t want to be anyone else but me; however, there are many people with qualities I would like to emulate – usually people with confidence and courage because I’m often too fearful.

What is your idea of earthly happiness?

Being in the company of close friends, sharing a meal/drink, good conversation, and laughter

What is your idea of misery?

Feeling hopeless or depressed.

Where would you like to live?

I like living in Toronto, although I enjoy tropical places very much

What talent would you like to have?

I would like to be accomplished at playing the piano or violin

For what fault do you have the most tolerance?

perfectionism

Who are your favourite painters?

Rembrandt and E.P. Vicari

Who are your favourite composers?

love all kinds of music, but don’t have a favourite composer – how about Stan Getz or Vince Guaraldi?

What is your favourite colour?

pearl magenta

Of all things, what do you most detest?

lack of compassion

Have you got a motto?

I like the saying “…with God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26)

What would you like to do right now?

Take a nap (not enough sleep last night…)

No comments: