Thursday, July 3, 2008

Nightly Examination of Conscience

Thank You, Lord, for today's many blessings. Help me to remember all the things I have to be thankful for.

Give me the grace to see the ways I've missed the mark today, and the firm resolution to do better with Your help. May Your light bring to my recollection my thoughts, words, and deeds since I awoke this morning.

Please forgive me, Lord, for any faults I've committed today. If I've committed grave sin, help me to get to confession as soon as possible. Help me, Lord, to amend my ways with Your grace. Please let me sleep tonight surrounded by Your mercy and peace.

Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.


More on the Nightly Examination of Conscience here: Fisheaters.com

No comments: