Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Speaking of Good Red Wine


While in Montreal, I accompanied my friend to a wine and cheese gathering. Every couple of months, she gets together with her badminton buddies and they enjoy a meal together at one of their homes - red and white wine, cheese, cold cuts, bread, grapes, salad, etc. I had a wonderful time! It was a very friendly group of people - lots of laughter and warmth. Although I was a newcomer, I was made to feel very welcome. They also spoke English for my benefit since my French is minimal and rusty.

Hilaire Belloc would've loved it! I know I did. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you are back! That is nice that the group would speak English for you--that isn't always the case in Quebec.... Sounds like it was a nice group of people and a fun party. What kinds of wines did you try?
AB

Anonymous said...

Hmmm - I know there were three different kinds of red wine and at least one of them was a Merlot. We started with a white wine in a bottle shaped like a large bottle of cologne... Now the truth comes out - the author of the "good red wine" blog doesn't really know how to identify wines! But I'll tell ya, I enjoyed tasting them all the same! :)

Unknown said...

Welcome home, you wine-bibber!